Welcome to our neighborhood!
We are centrally located in Schertz, TX off of IH-35 on Schertz Parkway. Our active community has over 300 homeowners and features a swimming pool facility and two playscapes. The HOA sponsors annual social events and publishes a quarterly neighborhood newsletter.
There are many ways to become involved in our neighborhood association - attend monthly board meetings, join a committee, help plan a neighborhood party or activity, and share your ideas and concerns with the trustees.
Check out the Community Calendar.
Your assistance in completing and returning this form will help us keep our records current, keep you informed on our email distribution of current events, safety concerns, etc. We are also currently working on updating a new Jonas Woods Directory. This is voluntary and will only be shared with Jonas Woods Homeowners. Please complete this Resident Information form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Jonas Woods HOA Group on Facebook. This is a closed limited public content, members can see all content. If you have not already been asked to join, please go to the Facebook link and request to become a member. Before acceptance member requests will be verified as Jonas Woods resident.
Paying Your Dues
The HOA Assessments have arrived in your mail boxes
Find Out More about the payment options that are available for homeowners.
Please find the latest Jonas Woods newsletters here.
March 2013 6-1. Please email email@example.com to submit articles for the newsletter or to provide feedback.
Fall Community Yard Sale
Saturday, May 4th, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm *Rain date May 18th
It's time again to clean out your closets, garages and attics for our
neighborhood garage sale. If you wish to participate in the garage sale,
please provide your name, address, contact information and some of the
items for sale (for advertising) and return it in an envelope with $5.00
cash to 2528 Jane Addams Dr. by April 29th. The fee covers the costs
of City of Schertz permit and newspaper advertising. Garage Sale Flyer
Here is a list of homes for the garage sale
Spring Garage Sale List
Annual Assessment Reminder
As a reminder the Annual HOA Assessment is due January 1st, 2013 in the amount of $425. Accounts that are not paid in full by January 31st, 2013 will start accruing interest and collection fees. To view your account, please login to your account at www.spectrumam.com or if you do not have an account register with Spectrum, please allow a couple of days for Spectrum verify.
Monday, January 14th, 6:30 pm at Schertz Public Library Meeting Room
The Jonas Woods Board members will be meeting at the Schertz Public Library Meeting Room. All Jonas Woods Members are encouraged to attend board meetings. Please see the following
January 2013 Bard Meeting Agenda.
We are in need of volunteers for all of our committees. If you would like to volunteer for one of our committees, please look at the Committees web pages to learn more about these committees. There is also a committee charter for each of our committees that will also help in determining what is needed or expected. If you are unable to join a committee, but would like to help out with projects, please let us know what skills or type of projects that you would like to volunteer. Volunteering for our committees helps to keep our dues down as well as to foster good neighbors and develop friendships. If you are new to Jonas Woods this will help you get to know your neighbors better.
Tips on how to avoid car break-ins:
- Do not leave valuables in plain view:
(GPS devices, lap tops, PDA’s, cell phones, MP3’s, wallets, purses)
- Do not leave windows or sunroof open.
- Do not leave doors unlocked.
- Do not leave keys in the vehicle.
- Do not leave the garage door opener in plain view.
- Do not leave out items with personal information.
- Do not move valuable items to the trunk while in public view.
- Slow Down and use common sense before you leave your car.
Things to do for a better community
- Slow down when driving through the neighborhood, and watch for kids playing (speed limit 20 mph). Stop at stop signs.
- Do not park on the street overnight. Park in your driveway or garage.
- Keep the front and sides of your house clear from clutter!
- Clean up after your dogs.
- Make sure you don't block the sidewalk with your vehicle, lawn equipment, or bikes.
- Come to a home owners association board meeting. (1st Tuesday of each month @ 7:00 p.m. at the Jonas Woods pool)
- Neighborhood watch. If you see something suspicious, say something! We have had some break-ins (don't leave your garage door opener in your car outside) and some bikes stolen out of yards.
- Pick up trash, off the street, out of your yard, out of your neighbor's yard, anywhere!
- Follow the HOA regulations.
- Meet your neighbors!