Welcome to our neighborhood!
We are centrally located in Schertz, TX off of IH-35 on Schertz Parkway. Our active community has over 300 homeowners and features a swimming pool facility and two playscapes. The HOA sponsors annual social events and publishes a quarterly neighborhood newsletter.
There are many ways to become involved in our neighborhood association - attend monthly board meetings, join a committee, help plan a neighborhood party or activity, and share your ideas and concerns with the trustees.
Check out the Community Calendar.
Your assistance in completing and returning this form will help us keep our records current, keep you informed on our email distribution of current events, safety concerns, etc. We are also currently working on updating a new Jonas Woods Directory. This is voluntary and will only be shared with Jonas Woods Homeowners. Please complete this Resident Information form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Jonas Woods HOA Group on This is a closed limited public content, members can see all content. If you have not already been asked to join, please go to the Facebook link and request to become a member. Before acceptance member requests will be verified as Jonas Woods resident.
Paying Your Dues
The HOA Assessments have arrived in your mail boxes
Find Out More about the payment options that are available for homeowners.
Please find the latest Jonas Woods newsletters here.
March 2013 6-1. Please email email@example.com to submit articles for the newsletter or to provide feedback.
Annual Association Meeting
Tuesday, October 22nd, 7:00 pm (Registration
& Refreshments 6:30 pm) at Schertz Civic Center Bluebonnet Room
The annual association meeting is coming up fast. The annual meeting will be held at the Schertz Civic Center Bluebonnet Room Bldg. #5. This is located at 1400 Schertz Parkway. We will be voting
for two board members whose terms expire at the annual meeting (Andre Dempsey and Open position) If you are interested on serving on the board and would like to be listed on the ballet please fill out the Board Candiate Form Board Candidate Form
and email to Joseph Burton at JBurton@spectrumam.com by Friday, October 18th. Spectrum will mail out information on the annual meeting with the proxies.
If you are unable to attend the annual meeting, please send in your proxies to:
- the management company (mail, fax, or email),
- give to a board member: (Mary Waring 521 Thurber Dr, Mark De Kiewiet 512 Woodland Oaks Dr., or Aurora Perkins 508 Thurber Dr,) or
- to a neighbor who will be attending the meeting.
We need to have a minimum of 20% or 63 homeowners who either send in their proxies or attend in person to make quorum. If we are unable to make quorum, the meeting will have to be rescheduled.
We have had to reschedule last year and and in 2007. Please help us meet
quorum and turn in these proxies to ensure that our meeting meets quorum.
Registration, refreshments and mingling will begin at 6:30 pm with the meeting starting at 7:00 pm.
You should be receiving shortly your Annual Meeting Notice in the mail. This document
will go out the first week in October. We will also have these available
here on our website. Here is a
copy of the:
Saturday, November 16th, 8:30 PM at Jonas Woods Pool
The Jonas Woods Board members will be meeting at a Jonas Woods Pool. All Jonas Woods Members are encouraged to attend board meetings.
Updated: Friday, May 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM
The board is pleased to announce improvements to the pool filtration system. We had the following in the pool pump room:
We still have repairs pending, i.e. replace damaged sheetrock, address the bathroom floors and the bathroom sinks.
- Added a third filter
- Replaced a filter
- Added a floor drain
- Replaced sand in all 3 filters
- Replaced both pump motors from 1 HP to 2 HP
- Replace existing suction piping with new single suction manifold
We are in need of volunteers for all of our committees. If you would like to volunteer for one of our committees, please look at the Committees web pages to learn more about these committees. There is also a committee charter for each of our committees that will also help in determining what is needed or expected. If you are unable to join a committee, but would like to help out with projects, please let us know what skills or type of projects that you would like to volunteer. Volunteering for our committees helps to keep our dues down as well as to foster good neighbors and develop friendships. If you are new to Jonas Woods this will help you get to know your neighbors better.
Tips on how to avoid car break-ins:
- Do not leave valuables in plain view:
(GPS devices, lap tops, PDA’s, cell phones, MP3’s, wallets, purses)
- Do not leave windows or sunroof open.
- Do not leave doors unlocked.
- Do not leave keys in the vehicle.
- Do not leave the garage door opener in plain view.
- Do not leave out items with personal information.
- Do not move valuable items to the trunk while in public view.
- Slow Down and use common sense before you leave your car.
Things to do for a better community
- Slow down when driving through the neighborhood, and watch for kids playing (speed limit 20 mph). Stop at stop signs.
- Do not park on the street overnight. Park in your driveway or garage.
- Keep the front and sides of your house clear from clutter!
- Clean up after your dogs.
- Make sure you don't block the sidewalk with your vehicle, lawn equipment, or bikes.
- Come to a home owners association board meeting. (1st Tuesday of each month @ 7:00 p.m. at the Jonas Woods pool)
- Neighborhood watch. If you see something suspicious, say something! We have had some break-ins (don't leave your garage door opener in your car outside) and some bikes stolen out of yards.
- Pick up trash, off the street, out of your yard, out of your neighbor's yard, anywhere!
- Follow the HOA regulations.
- Meet your neighbors!